I spent the last couple of days in Orlando at a natural nutrition conference. I thought it would be fun to share how I make healthy choices (and some indulgences, of course!) while traveling. I did have an advantage my staying with my sister. I didn’t take pictures. I have to remember to do that!
- Simple! I took my pure protein and simply mixed it with some non-dairy milk.
- Ahhh airport food. I was able to find a hummus/veggie wrap.
- I had the pleasure of having lunch with some awesome teammates on Thursday at the convention. I had a yummy quinoa/veggie wrap and a teeny tiny side salad (dry because of dairy in dressings)
- My sister picked me up on Friday and we went to Whole Foods for lunch. I had greens topped with all sorts of different veggies and stuff from their fresh foods bar including a tahini dressing. I must find recipe for that!
- My sister made this delicious roasted sweet potato, chickpea, broccoli salad. She also bought some SoDelicious coconut milk “ice cream” for us to enjoy. Yum.
- Leftover roasted sweet potato, chickpea broccoli salad and an apple with nut butter
- Ahhh airport food again. Again I found another vegetable wrap, grapes, and some BBQ chips. I had some dark chocolate on my 2 hour drive home… you know, to keep myself awake. 😉
So, what’s for supper this week?
Sunday – Refried bean tacos
Monday – Veggie chili over nachos
Tuesday – Carmelized onion spaghetti squash casserole, veggies and hummus
Wednesday – Stuffed peppers
Thursday – Jumbo chickpea pancake topped with guac and served with veggies
Friday – leftovers
Saturday – Homemade pizzas
I’m linking up with Laura at orgjunkie.com for Menu Planning Monday! Hop on over there if you need some more inspiration!
What’s on your meal plan this week? Do you find it difficult to stick to healthy choices when traveling?