Hello! Is it really July 22 already? Ah! We’re starting school in less than a month. I asked the girls today if they were excited to start up again and they said “Yes!” They must love their teacher. 🙂
I’m linking up with Happy Fit Mama today for High Five Friday!
- We had family pictures taken a few weekends ago to celebrate my Grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary. My brother-in-law did the pictures for us. He always does an awesome job!
2. Good friends to watch my girls while I went to an appointment. They had a blast!
3. Very helpful children! I had some atypical cells removed from my back on Tuesday which made me a lot more sore than I was anticipating. Both girls , but Little lady, especially, have been so sweet and helpful… offering to do chores, pick things up and carry heavy things for me. I am so thankful for their soft hearts.
4. Fresh basil from my garden! I have been keeping the plant pretty much stripped by making my pesto!
1/2 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds
2 cups fresh basil, packed tightly (or 1 cup basil and 1 cup kale)
3 T. nutritional yeast
1 t. fresh lemon juice
1 t. garlic powder
salt to taste
Process in food processor adding up to 1/2 cup of water as needed. YUM!
5. I also picked my first tomato on Wednesday! There’s nothing quite like a fresh tomato from the garden.
What would you like to high five this week? Are your kids helpful when you don’t feel well?