I’m terrible at keeping New Year’s Resolutions. Maybe because they don’t usually fit the SMART plan. I’m a very goal oriented person, but I prefer short term goals. It’s easier to check them off my list. 🙂
I have several categories of 2016 goals:
Today, I just want to share my running goals. These are very easy to measure.
- Run 2 half-marathons – time goal – below 1:59
- Run two 5Ks with the girls
- Compete in a few local 5Ks – time goal – below 26:30
With my health coaching clients, the next thing I would ask them would be… How are you going to make this happen? So, it’s only fair I ask myself the same question.
I plan on using my January Reset Challenge Perk to get stronger in the off season. We have asked US kettle bell competitor and trainer, Rick Martins, to assist us with the strength training piece of the January Reset! It will include Rick’s tips for:
- Nutrition tweaks to maximize your fitness and strength
- How to incorporate the 4 phases of strength training into your running plan
- Workouts to become a stronger runner
I am super excited about this! You don’t have to be a runner to participate in the January reset though! It’s just an added bonus if you happen to be a runner. Our main focus will be on cleaning up your diet, increasing your energy, and finding joy & comfort in other things besides food!
Do you have any physical fitness goals for 2016?